2015 – The Wrap Up
For those of you who know me personally, it’s understood why I say this has been a bit of a difficult year. In early February, I lost of one of my closest friends, my sister, Amirah. Her death was sudden and still very much unbelievable. What I didn’t know at the time, was that February 12th would only have been the beginning of a year of losses, not only for myself, but for many of my friends as well. Before I begin today’s rant, I like to further extend my deepest and most heartfelt condolences to all of the friends and families of all the angels we gained this year. Amirah, Ahmad, and Crystal, my love for you all transcends this life. It was truly a pleasure to have known such equally amazing people. Continue resting peacefully.
As I said, this was indeed a tough year, but, I managed to press on. I want to thank each and every one of our readers for your continuous support of #TheSassyRant. It is you all who inspire many of these rants and without your interaction and engagement, we’d long run out of things to discuss *lol*. Of all the things I learned this year, the most important is that you should always value the ones you love and care about. At any given moment, life can shake things up and change the entire course of the story — that alone is why it is imperative to let those you love, know that you love them. So rather than go on and on about myself, I want to use the remaining space to highlight some important people in my life and introduce you all to ways they can bring something new into your year ahead.
Again, thank you all for the love and support. Have a safe and prosperous holiday season.
– Yolanda Danae’
- Porsha – Thank you for your amazing spirit and beautiful soul. @artsigned_pfitts
- Jelahn Kruze – I admire your strength in the battles you endured this year. #KruzeKovers
- King Braize – The world needs to hear your voice… continue on your pursuit and make your sister proud. #MirahsWish
- Keisha – Two words, #QueensKnow . You know where we started and where we plan on going. I look forward to the collaboration in 2016! #QueensKnow
- Mar – The best co-host a girl could’ve asked for. Thank you for giving me a platform to express my thoughts and for being a great friend. #ThePreGame
- Aliyah/Lee Lee – My little big sister! You’ve been a gem since day one. I thank you for being #JustLiyah — pure, honest, selfless, and genuine. I couldn’t ask for a more sincere friend
- Na – Nothing but love and respect! You’ve come a very long way and this is only the beginning! #TooRealToBeFake
- You, The Readers – You all are so very important and most appreciated. Without your support each and every week, I’d really have no purpose in doing this. I look forward to interacting more with you all in the year ahead.